Mastering is the most underrated and vitally important final stage in the CD/record production or distribution through the internet. It’s the last creative step and the first technical step of relaying your music to the listener, regardless of release or broadcast format.
The creative part is to support the musical content of your productions by enhancing your sound-properties, to bring out the important elements, and to lower unwanted or interfering parts or frequencies. It’s the ultimate polishing and optimizing treatment to your music, which differs your production to others.
The technical side mentioned earlier means for example: to clean up your mixes of unwanted artifacts (like clicks, noise, etc.), fade-ins and outs of the tracks, setting of the individual pause length, and to assure a technically correct master which contains all necessary data (PQ-Codes, ISRC codes, CD text and more) and has been checked by us for errors. For digital releases, we will provide separate audio files in any requested format. These are only a few steps of the technical steps during the mastering process.
Below you will find a summary of our Mastering Features:
- Mastering of your final stereo mixes, either recorded or bounced from your DAW
- Stem Mastering (Mastering of several subgroup mixes)
- Mix Check
- EQ’ing (optimizing the frequency range)
- Dynamic processing (using either compressor and/or limiter)
- M/S (Mid/Side) Processing
- Stereo field processing
- Phase correction
- Declicking/Denoising/Dehumming, restoring old recordings
- Reordering of the track running order and setting of track IDs (PQ-Coding)
- Fade In / Fade Out of the tracks
- Mixing (f.e. Mix-Compilation with no pauses)
- Cleaning and setting of individual pause length
- CD-Text or other Metadata Insert
- Total control of mastering results by downloading preview files for you to check before the final stage
- CD-burning in Red-Book or Blue-Book-Standard
- Creation of a DDP 2.0 disc image as production master with direct upload to the designated pressing company
- Download a 1:1 copy of the complete disc image of the master CD or the separate audio-files in any requested format (wav, mp3, etc.) for digital release
- All mastered tracks will be archived for free for 30 days.
We need to know how many songs or tracks you are going to send for mastering, what is the duration of all those tracks and will it be a digital release only (no production master needed) or do you need a master for a physical CD release.
We will get back with a price quote via mail.